Visual and Performing Arts Education Plan 2015-2020
The GGUSD Visual and Performing Arts Education Plan serves to provide further direction to the districts already established VAPA programs in an effort to increase services to students.
The plan was written by a team of district teachers, administrators, parents and community partners in conjunction with the Orange County Department of Education and the California Arts Project. The plan is divided into six Focus Areas that address the specific needs of a comprehensive arts program. The Focus Areas and accompanying goals are:
- Access to the Arts:
- All students have equitable access to a comprehensive arts education.
- Essential Resources for a Base Program:
- All students have access to highly qualified personnel, appropriate learning spaces, and adequate materials.
- Curriculum and Instruction:
- GGUSD implements a well-defined arts curriculum that fosters critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration through the arts.
- Professional Development:
- GGUSD provides Arts Specialists and K-6 General Teachers with sufficient professional development opportunities to increase capacity to deliver quality arts instruction.
- Community Involvement:
- GGUSD maximizes opportunity for community involvement accessing countywide resources that benefit all students.
- Communication and Awareness:
- All stakeholders understand the role of arts education in a comprehensive curriculum.
See the Visual and Performing Arts Education Plan for more details.