INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFERS-family residing within GGUSD boundaries and requesting to transfer from one GGUSD school to another
- Parents may apply for an intra-district transfer to move their children from one GGUSD school to another as a Parental Choice Transfer or Specified Reason Transfer.
- Each school has an allotted number of Parental Choice Transfer openings. If the transfer applicants for a school exceed the allotted number, a lottery will be conducted.
- GGUSD families not selected for Parental Choice transfers and those families living outside of GGUSD may apply for a transfer under the Specified Reason Transfer category.
- Specified Reason Transfers include childcare or parent employment near a school, remaining at a school after moving residences, choosing a school for a specific program not offered at their school of residence, or keeping siblings together at the same school.
- Parents must apply online during the priority and renewal transfer window from January 9, 2023 through February 5, 2023 at midnight.
- Applications will be submitted and processed electronically for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Transfer approvals are subject to availability at the selected school.
- If approved for a transfer, transportation to and from the school is the responsibility of the students’ parent or guardian.
- For additional assistance please contact the Office of Student Services at (714) 663-6391.