GGUSD is committed to keeping our community informed about the impact of the coronavirus public health crisis on our school system. All coronavirus related messages or updates from GGUSD to our families are posted here. For academic, wellness, and community-based resources, click here to visit our COVID Resources page.
Next Wednesday, June 9th is the last day of class for the 2020-2021 school year. While the pandemic brought about a challenging and non-traditional school year, the GGUSD community has and will continue to emerge stronger for the adversities we endured together. This school year allowed our teachers and staff to find new and innovative ways to focus on the individual and unique learning needs of each student. We will continue with that focus over the summer at our school-based in-person Summer School and Summer Bridge programs that will target support where students need it most.
But first, we are excited to celebrate our 8th grade students and high school seniors with in-person commencement ceremonies on June 8th and 9th. Click here for a schedule of the ceremonies as well as the required health and safety guidelines and expectations of all attendees. For those who aren’t able to attend high school graduations in person, please take advantage of our live stream broadcast to view the ceremonies from your computer or mobile device. Our elementary schools are also hosting various promotion festivities to celebrate their sixth grade students. If you’d like to showcase your child’s end-of-the-year celebration on our district social media pages, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo, student and school name, and description of their success.
As always, our free Summer Meal program will provide curbside meal service to ensure all families have access to nutritious meals during the summer months. Click here for the list of school sites where Summer Meal service will be offered. Click here for information about the Summer Meal service at the Garden Grove Public Libraries.
We will continue to provide our families with information regarding vaccination opportunities in our area, including those offering the Pfizer vaccine to children age 12 and older. As a reminder, COVID-19 vaccinations are completely voluntary. Children cannot get vaccinated without parental consent and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian when getting the vaccination. As local medical groups and pharmacies present opportunities for students to be vaccinated, we will share those with the local community. Additional vaccination updates:
- Beginning June 5, the Orange County Super Pods will close to host more neighborhood-based mobile vaccination pods. Individuals interested in receiving a vaccination are encouraged to access the schedule of upcoming mobile PODs by visiting www.Othena.com. New appointments, dates, and locations are added regularly. Individuals wishing to make appointments can do so by calling the OC COVID-19 Hotline at (714) 834-2000, following the language prompts and pressing “1”
- On Saturday, June 5, TAP Pharmacy is offering a free COVID-19 vaccine to everyone age 12 and older beginning at 10 a.m. until supplies are gone at Chùa Bat Nha, 4717 W. 1st Street in Santa Ana. Click here for the flyer.
Finally, as COVID-19 restrictions ease across Orange County, we are looking forward to returning to a sense of normalcy with 5 full days of in-person instruction at all GGUSD schools next year. The first day of school for the 2021-2022 school year is August 16.
This will be our last weekly update of the school year but we will continue to send messages when we have new updates that impact our school communities.
- Weekly Update - May 28, 2021
- Weekly Update – Virtual Learning Academy Deadline, Masks, Vaccinations, and GGUSD Success
- In-Person Instruction and Vaccination Opportunities - May 14, 2021
- Weekly Update – In-Person Instruction and Orange County COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Info
- School Safety Video from the Superintendent
- Weekly Update - April 23, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - April 16, 2021
- Virtual Learning Academy - Open Enrollment
- Distance Learning in the 2021-2022 School Year
- Weekly Reopening Update - March 19, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – March 12, 2021
- Reopening Update - March 5, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - February 19, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - February 11, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – February 5, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – January 29, 2021
- Reopening Announcement - January 20, 2021
- Distance Learning Support, Survey Results, Vaccine Resources, Mental Health and More
- GGUSD Update for Families
- All GGUSD Schools resume Distance Learning Jan 4.
- Wishing You a Safe Holiday Season
- Regional Stay-at-Home Order
- Criteria for Schools to Remain Open
- New Restrictions on Gatherings and Travel
- Reopening Update – November 13, 2020
- Reopening Reminder: Frequent Hand Washing
- Grab and Go Meal Update
- High School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update – October 30, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 23, 2020
- School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 16, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – October 9, 2020
- School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 2, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - September 25, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – September 18, 2020
- POSTPONEMENT OF IN-PERSON CLASSES
- Weekly Reopening Update – September 11, 2020
- Important Announcement about School Reopening
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 28, 2020
- First Day of Distance Learning is August 24
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 14, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 7, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 31, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 24, 2020
- Important Announcement from GGUSD
- Weekly Reopening Update and Survey Question - July 17, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 10, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – July 2, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - June 26, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - June 19, 2020
- End of Year Update
- Elementary Report Cards
- GGUSD COVID-19 Response Plan for Parents
- GGUSD COVID-19 Response Plan for Students
- GGUSD Virtual Graduations for Class of 2020
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Cards
- District Update
- Cancellation of Summer Sports
- GGUSD Senior Spotlight
- GGUSD Launches Helpline to Support Students and Families during COVID-19
- Expectations for Student Behavior during Distance Learning - 5/13/2020
- Interim Grading Policy - 5/8/2020
- Virtual Graduations - 4/30/2020
- School Calendar Clarification - 4/29/2020
- At-Home Learning Support - 4/24/2020
- Frequently Asked Questions for High School Seniors - 4/16/2020
- Grab and Go Meal Update - 4/14/2020
- Grab and Go Meal Update - 4/09/2020
- Mailer to All GGUSD Families - 4/02/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 4/02/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/31/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/18/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/16/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 2/28/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 1/29/2020
Things You Should Know
- Governor Newsom declared a Stay at Home executive order effective March 19, mandating individuals across the state to, except for essential services, remain in their homes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Click here for the details.
- The order does NOT change the directive for school districts to continue offering distance learning and meal service for our students. These are considered essential services.
- As part of our transition to at-home learning, the district is closing its schools and district office to the public effective Monday, March 23. The majority of GGUSD’s employees are working from home, responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible.
- Teachers are working diligently to provide learning opportunities that can be accessed from home and schools have distributed laptops/devices to students as appropriate.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to make sure your contact information is up to date in the Parent Portal. This will ensure that you receive regular communication from GGUSD via ParentSquare (voicemail, text, and/or email).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Orange County Health Care Agency: Coronavirus
- OC Health Care Agency: Guidance to Schools
- OC Health Care Agency: FAQ
- California Department of Public Health: Coronavirus
- CDC Healthy Habits to Help Prevent the Flu
- OCDE Newsroom: Coronavirus updates