California Standards for the Teaching Profession Standards also attached below
Standard One: Engaging & Supporting All Students in Learning
- 1.1 Connecting students’ prior knowledge, life experience, and interests with learning goals.
- 1.2 Using a variety of instructional strategies and resources to respond to students’ diverse needs.
- 1.3 Facilitating learning experiences that promote autonomy, interaction, and choice.
- 1.4 Engaging students in problem solving, critical thinking, and other activities that make subject-matter meaningful.
- 1.5 Promoting self-directed, reflective learning for all students.
Standard Two: Creating & Maintaining Effective Environments for Student Learning
- 2.1 Creating a physical environment that engages all students.
- 2.2 Establishing a climate that promotes fairness and respect.
- 2.3 Promoting social development and group responsibility.
- 2.4 Establishing and maintaining standards for student behavior.
- 2.5 Planning and implementing classroom procedures and routines that support student learning.
- 2.6 Using instructional time effectively.
Standard Three: Understanding & Organizing Subject Matter for Student Learning
- 3.1 Demonstrating knowledge of subject-matter content and student development.
- 3.2 Organizing curriculum to support student understanding of subject-matter.
- 3.3 Interrelating ideas and information within and across subject-matter areas.
- 3.4 Developing student understanding through instructional strategies that are appropriate to the subject-matter.
- 3.5 Using materials, resources, and technologies to make subject-matter accessible to students.
Standard Four: Planning Instruction & Designing Learning Experiences for all Students
- 4.1 Drawing on and valuing students’ backgrounds, interests, and development learning needs.
- 4.2 Establishing and articulating goals for student learning
- 4.3 Developing and sequencing instructional activities and materials for student learning.
- 4.4 Designing short-term and long-term plans to foster student learning.
- 4.5 Modifying instructional plans to adjust for student needs.
Standard Five: Assessing Student Learning
- 5.1 Establishing and communicating learning goals for all students.
- 5.2 Collecting and using multiple sources of information to assess student learning.
- 5.3 Involving and guiding all students in assessing their own learning.
- 5.4 Using the results of assessments to guide instruction.
- 5.5 Communicating with students, families, and other audiences about student progress.
Standard Six: Developing as a Professional Educator
- 6.1 Reflecting on teaching practice and planning professional development.
- 6.2 Establishing and articulating goals for student learning.
- 6.3 Developing and sequencing instructional activities and materials for student learning.
- 6.4 Working with families to improve professional practice.
- 6.5 Working with colleagues to improve professional practice.